Yup, that's basically what I label myself: Socially inept. So this whole learning how to blog and discuss in groups meaningfully and post and then go do it with people outside of class is kind of intimidating to the extreme for little, quiet, shy me.
All right, after that intro I'd like to document my experience with the event of posting on someone else's thought blog. I searched for Othello in Google Blog Search and came up with this blog: Removing The Mask. I found a Shakespeare tag and followed it. Finding two posts on my topic of Othello I proceeded to comment on one of them, meaningfully I hope. Checking back later that day I found that there was a reply comment! Wohoo! I decided to comment again, this comment bringing up more discussion-type thoughts and I also commented on another post that had a little bit more to do with Othello than the previous one. (you can read the first post and my comments here and the second post and comment here) So far that's all but so far so good! I think I'd like to do this again, you know, find some more blogs out there and comment and see what people are thinking about Othello and other Shakespeare things we've been introduced to in this class. It is good, I think, to not have the one-sided opinion of a professor and classmates but to branch out and learn more by experiencing a little part of the world.
Connecting socially with people we don't know is really, really difficult. I'm glad you had a good experience!
ReplyDelete