Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Reminisce on Shakespeare Class

It has now been quite a few months since I took my Shakespeare class, and thankfully this blog is still alive.  In trying to keep the blog interesting I looked back on the central blog for the class and found links to the videos produced as a final project by the other groups in my class.  One of the groups wrote and produced a short play, linking three different Shakespeare love stories together to draw out the themes.


Lovers of Shakespeare performance from Shakespeare on Vimeo.
This performance was really exciting because students like me not only wrote it but produced it and did a good job.  And since I saw the whole process from beginning to end it was very satisfying to see this last performance in person.

You can see the whole process from the beginning to the back stage to the practice if you watch the documentary that was done by another group from my class.  It is a great accomplishment as well.


Loves Labours, a documentary. from Shakespeare on Vimeo.

These two videos are the product of hours of hard work and a few students who decided that they were excited about Shakespeare and wanted to engage the text in a new and interesting way.  It turns out that if you have the right attitude, the right dedication, the right freedom, and the right idea, connecting with Shakespeare or with any other subject can be a pretty fun experience! And here you have had the proof!

If you ever wanted to engage Shakespeare or to apply it in a unique way just take these great examples, enjoy them, and read more Shakespeare!

For more info on the play you can visit their blog:  Lovers of Shakespeare

For information on all of the projects from our class you can visit:  Engaging Shakespeare  or Shakespeare Unbound

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad to see you've got your blog still up. It is also cool to see the video of the performance. I really hoped they would get one up and I'm glad they did.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for commenting! It is nice to know that the blog is still appreciated by other Shakespeare lovers.

    ReplyDelete