Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Update: MoV

So I didn't end up attending the Merchant of Venice at BYU, which is why I haven't posted about it yet.  I really wanted to go and I committed myself to it and then it didn't actually work out so I was ashamed of admitting that I didn't actually go see the play.  That's okay.  I still finished the play and I enjoyed it, like I thought I would.
Since I took a while between reading the first half and the second the story is roughly put together.  And I got out of my Shakespeare nook, in which I could understand most of what was going on and what was being said.  So the story is a little less organized.
But I can say this:
I loved it!
The wit and tricks were fun to follow.
The story ended happy!  I guess it was a comedy, right?  (but there wasn't any magic, so was it a romance?)
I especially enjoyed how this story brought out the best and the worst of the characters.  The characters who loved each other were true and loyal and did all they could.  They also did their best for their good friends.  The bad guy was stubborn in getting his revenge and his greed never failed him.

I enjoyed this story very much and some day I'll read it again!

No comments:

Post a Comment